Biodiversity, Biopiracy & Patents
*Locally adapted seed is more successful!
- Why high-yielding varieties kill diversity and do not ensure higher yields in the long run…
- How to develop locally adapted, robust varieties.
- Why tropical organic farming systems are more productive than conventional…
- What is “agro”-biodiversity?
*Who benefits from old domestic breeds?
- What is the variation of crop and dometic breeds that is providing our food today.y?
- What is “agro-biodiversity”?
- Why does breeding need a large “gene pool”?
- What does breeding have to do with animal welfare?
*Who owns biodiversity?
- Patents on active plant ingredients – who benefits?
- Is there a copyright on traditional knowledge?
- What is biopiracy?
- Does the “valorisation” of plants also mean their protection?