Dr. agr. Andrea Beste
Agricultural scientist, graduate geographer and soil expert
- 1990-1996 Geography studies at the University of Mainz, with focus on “Site-specific agriculture in the tropics and mid-latitudes”.
- 1996-2000 Scientific assistance in the research project “Ecological Soil Management” (PÖB). Federal Institute for Crop Production and Crop Management Rhineland Palatine and the Foundation Ecology & Agriculture.
- 1997-2002 PhD in agricultural sciences (organic and conventional crop production) at the Institute of Crop Production, Faculty of Organic Agriculture, Giessen University (JLU) with a scholarship from the Gregor Louisoder Environmental Foundation. Topic: “Further development of spade diagnosis into a scientific method for soil evaluation.”
- 1999-2000 Head of the working module “Training and further education in soil protection” in the research project “Ecological soil management” (PÖB) of the Federal Institute for Crop Production and Crop Management and the Foundation Ecology & Agriculture.
- 2001 Foundation of Institute for Soil Conservation & Sustainable Agriculture – Analysis – Consultance – Training
- Since 2008 free political advisor to the European Parliament, the German Bundestag and various German Federal State Parliaments on environmental, agricultural and food policy.
- Since 2009 member of the scientific advisory board of the research project INBIODYN on conventional, organic and biodynamic viticulture, Geisenheim University, Department of Viticulture.
- Since 2017 permanent member of the Advisory Expert Group for Technical Advice on Organic Farming Practice (EGTOP) of the EU Commission.
- Since 2019 member of ENSSER, the European Network of Scientists for Social and Environmental Responsibility.
- Since 2020 Soil Ambassador of the Swiss Organic Foundation, Soil Fertility Fund.
- Since 2020 member of advisory board of the Interessengemeinschaft Gesunder Boden e.V. (Interest Group Healthy Soil).
“Healthy soil is of great importance for climate, humans and animals.”